Explanatory Notes on Major Statistical Indicators
【Government Revenue】refers to the revenue of government finance by means of participating the distribution of the social products, which is the financial resources for ensuring the government to function. The contents of government revenue have been changed several times. Now it includes the following main items:
(1) Various tax revenue, including value added tax, business tax, consumption tax, land value added tax, tax on city maintenance and construction, resources tax, tax on the urban land, stamp tax, tax on the adjustment of orientation of investment in the fixed assets, personal income tax, tariff, tax on agriculture and animal husbandry and tax on occupation of cultivated land, etc.
(2) Special revenues, including revenue collected from imposing fee on sewage treatment, revenue collected from imposing fee on urban water resources, and extra-charges for educations, etc.
(3) Other revenues, including revenue from the re-payment of capital construction loan, the funds for the state key construction projects in energy industry and transportation, and the funds for state budget adjustment, etc.
(4) Planned subsidies for the losses of the state-=owned enterprises. This is an item of negative revenue, used to eat up part of the government revenue.
【Government Expenditure】refers to the distribution and use of the funds the government finance has raised, so as to meet the need s of economic construction and various causes. It included the following main items（The items has changed from the year of 2007）:
(1) Expenditure for capital construction
(2) Innovation funds of the enterprises
(3) Geological prospecting expenses
(4) Expenditures for science and technology promotion
(5) Expenditure for supporting rural production
(6) Operating Expenses of departments of farming, forestry, water conservancy and meteorology etc.
(7) Operating expenses of departments of industry, transport and commerce
(8) Operating expenses of departments of culture, education, science and public health
(9) Pension for the disabled or the families of the bereaved and relief funds for social welfare
(10) Expenditures for national defense
(11) Administrative expenses:
(12) Expenditure for price subsidies
【Deposit】is a form a of credit by which enterprises, institutions, organizations or residents can put money into banks and other credit institutions for safekeeping and interest earning under the principle of free withdrawal. According to different depositors, deposits are divided into enterprise deposits, deposits of government agencies and institutions, capital construction deposits, urban savings deposits, rural deposits and other deposits. Deposits are major sources of the credit funds of banks.
【Loan】is a form a of credit by which banks and other institutions provide funds at a certain interest rate to enterprise sand individuals in light of the principle of unconditional re-payment. Loans from Chinese banks include circulating capital loans, fixed assets loans, loans to urban and rural individuals engaged in industrial and commercial business and agricultural loans.
【Amount Insured】refers to the amount of compensation for loss or agreed sum of money to be paid by the insurer to the insurant. It is the maximum amount of liabilities written in the insurance contract and is also used as a basis to calculate the premium.
【Premium】is the fee paid by the insurant based on a proportion of the benefit he or she may get from the insurance plus the insurance value. It includes the income from the deposit of property insurance and personal insurance.
【Settled Claim】is the compensation paid by the insurer to the insurant in accordance with the insurance contract for the loss which has been checked and found to be in the range of liability of insurance after an accident has happened to the insured property or to a person who has insured for his life. It is further divided into settled and unsettled claim.